PianoDisc technology question

Charles Neuman piano@charlesneuman.net
Fri, 10 May 2002 17:36:47 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Thanks everyone for your responses so far. The short answer seems to be
that PianoDisc's library of famous pianists is not derived from analog
recordings.

I'll tell you why I asked. A guy I know has a friend at MIT who apparently
did some research on trying to gather note and velocity data from an
analog recording and then play it back using a system similar to
PianoDisc. I was curious if what he was doing was different than what's
already being done comercially. I'll try to find if he has any information
online that would be interesting. If so, I'll report back.

Charles Neuman