Just Intervals?

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 10 May 2002 21:45:15 +0200

Hello Suzan,

I guess that thirds (strings) have to be played differently depending of the
musical context and how the interval is used. It is very understandable and
is a matter of taste I believe.

Is it so important to play the thirds in a way or another, if the final
result is good understanding of the music by the audience ?

I imagine that the way fifths are played is much more questionable, as they
include a strong notion of tonality.

I do not have examples in mind, but I believe that I will not be disturbed
by very fast thirds, or even no beating thirds, in the context of string
instruments.
It please me less on the piano may be for the reason above, may be because I
hear better the musician intention if he seats in the overall structure of
the standard tuning.

Where I will like to hear HT is on historical instruments, harpsichords,
organs, etc.

My brother Raphael OLEG is a violinist , I will ask him about that.

The best.

Isaac OLEG