Just Intervals?

Jon Page jonpage@attbi.com
Thu, 09 May 2002 20:45:42 -0400

At 11:02 AM 5/9/2002 -0400, you wrote:
><snip>This is because violinists have been taught to "avoid" the trap of
>playing with the "corrupted" equal temperement piano (like it was evil).
>They are taught to think that the evil piano tuner is convinced of his/her
>superiority of equal temperement, and is trying to force it on otherwise
>unsuspecting "real" musicians.

Maybe this is why I was asked to tune a Chamber Music Festival in WT when
the violinist compared WT to ET in my shop.

Is it possible to have a violinist play and read his note placement on an
ETD and record their deviation from ET and select
a suitable temperament to accompany his playing?. . . Or would that be too
large an undertaking, bearing in mind playing
in different key signatures.   Just a thought

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@attbi.com