SWAG.......??

Kdivad@AOL.COM Kdivad@AOL.COM
Thu, 09 May 2002 09:14:42 -0400

In a message dated Wed, 8 May 2002  9:31:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Reikiharp@AOL.COM writes:

>Jim,
>     Just curious , what is the market value for a S&S upright player in
>restored condition? Is there a market for it at all? Certainly if it is a
>duo-art it is probably of some historic significance. The price range it
>would have to be in though is so full of new grands with modern player
>systems which can do the same thing And look prettier doing it. Sounds like a
>good bet for someone living in an uptown loft apt. who has a space budget
><PUN INTENDED>. Is the cabinet ornate?
>            Joseph D.Gotta RPT

Joseph, your questions hit the nail on the head, the player piano market has been extremely slow for a long period, at least here in my area.  There is a small faction of people who do appreciate the oldies but it is still slim pickins.  As for historical value, unless this Steinway is an "art-case" (which I would bet my last dollar it is not) there were many Steinway Duo-Art uprights built and I do not think they have reached the historical significance level yet.

David Koelzer
DFW