Hide glue

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Thu, 9 May 2002 12:35:56 +0200

Hazen,

I don't know something easier to do that hot glue, pour half weight water on
a little quantity of glue, wait a few hours, hot the glue in your favorite
professional or baby lid glue pot.

You to avoid the paper wall paper remover on key bushings if you want not to
satin the wood and eventually have problems with the buttons.

water only works enough, but a lightly damped rag that you pass a hot iron
on it will do enough moist to allow you to have the bushing off with a
pliers in a very few moments (15 / 20 mn for one set) .

I actually use the special kettle sold by Renner, as this is the cleaner
process, and it allow to close the hole on keys where the wood is crushed.
But the rag method is the cleanest I feel after this one.

Regards.

Isaac OLEG

Isaac OLEG

PianoTech