yamaha parts

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Wed, 8 May 2002 21:55:22 EDT

In a message dated 08/05/02 9:43:33 PM, HazenBannister@cs.com writes:

<< does anyone know about this.If true,what's
next? >>

Hazen.....
"why are they to be penalized,and not be able to receive parts
for it.Someone told me that this is the case now,if the serial number is'nt
an American number I guess,"
 It is Yamaha Coporate policy not to sell parts/supplies for use in non
export models made in Japan. Yamaha has spelled this out in letters to techs
and dealers as well as several(?) notices in the Journal....... As to
"why"???? Ask Yamaha direct via your tech rep at Yamaha USA.......or maybe a
letter to the president of Y-USA??

"does anyone know about this.If true,what's
next?"................Unfortunately it is true...see the above.
 While I support Yamahas absolute right to conduct business and make
decisions as 'they' see fit........in my opinion this is a self defeating
policy which is adding costs that yamaha shall/will have to bear a number of
years down the road....plain english version......'stupid and short
sighted'.............on a par with S&S decal decision!! :-)
Ahhh Globalization...soooo wonderful.
Jim Bryant (FL)