wholesale?

Reikiharp@AOL.COM Reikiharp@AOL.COM
Wed, 8 May 2002 14:41:01 EDT

In a message dated 5/8/02 12:32:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
josephspiano@attbi.com writes:

<< I'm not sure you and I are looking at this the same way. Take the dolly
with 5" castors. Price at My Piano Shop is $295.00. The price I pay at Schaff
is $160.00. It is general practice to "keystone", or double our cost to the
retail customer plus add our shipping which according to my invoice from last
year was about $40.00. That will bring the unit's cost to the customer to
around $360.00. If I want to compete with the online retailer I've got to
beat the $295 price or lose the sale. I can't do that and still make a
profit.

For all the work of one phone call to Schaff , you can have them ship the
dolly to your client, after the client has prepaid. $95 is OK profit for one
phone call. I know you may have prefered to hand deliver the merchandise but
times are changing and in some cases having the item shipped directly to the
client may be the only cost effective way to sell some items. If it doesn't
require professional installation you don't really need to be involved in the
products delivery.
            Joseph D. Gotta RPT