Used hammers for upright piano project

Jon Page jonpage@attbi.com
Wed, 08 May 2002 07:58:14 -0400

At 01:14 AM 5/8/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi Terry,
>
>I'm in Massachusetts.
>
>I am sensitive to the fact that I am currently running up quite a bill
>getting a bunch of basic tools. Also, I would not mind the practice
>reshaping and replacing hammers once before putting on brand-new ones. I
>have much to learn.
>
>Thanks for the tip about restringing the bass. The stings are indeed in
>pretty poor shape. I would rather call them tarnished than corroded, but I
>am convinced that does not do well for the tone.
>
>The Leland has 85 keys, keys 1-10 are single wound and keys 11-28 are
>double wound.
>
>Thanks for checking into this. I truly appreciate it.
>
>Regards,
>/Claudia

Claudia,
It sounds like you need to attend a few PTG Chapter meetings to meet some
techs who can advise you and
maybe even close enough to drop by and have a look see to advise better.

Where in Mass. are you?  From my sig file you can see my location (as a
matter of netiquette please include
your location in your signature)

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician