wholesale?

Joseph Alkana josephspiano@attbi.com
Tue, 7 May 2002 20:30:15 -0700

List,
I was trying to price out some accessories for a customer using my =
normal piano parts suppliers. i.e., Schaff, Pianotek and compared their =
"wholesale"  prices to retail prices offered by any number of on-line =
distributors. For example:
http://www.mypianoshop.com/tools/

Not only do many such companies offer free shipping their retail prices =
are, in some instances, lower than what we piano techs can get at the =
supply houses. So much for even considering a mark up on our end. Plus =
the shipping.

Any comments on this annoying situation? Are the suppliers to the supply =
houses really under cutting us by selling direct to what I would call =
"jobbers" or are the supply houses just gouging our checkbooks?

Joseph Alkana  RPT
josephspiano@attbi.com