pianos for Cuba, was Re: Used hammers for upright piano project

Charles Neuman piano@charlesneuman.net
Tue, 7 May 2002 20:08:02 -0400 (EDT)

> From: Claudia Cimenti <claudia_cimenti@mail.com>
>
> I am trying to restore a vintage upright to playing condition, for purely
> educational purposes.

Sounds like fun. I hope to start some projects like that sometime. What
are you going to do with the piano when you're done? I'm not thrilled
about the idea of having to sell an old upright, even if it's in good
condition on the inside.

I was thinking I'd be better off donating my masterpieces to Cuba via
"Senda Piana to Havana". I haven't looked into it yet, but has anybody
donated a piano to them? I'm curious what kinds they take.

Charles Neuman