improvements

Claudia Cimenti claudia_cimenti@mail.com
Tue, 07 May 2002 11:18:51 -0700

List,

I would like to comment on this:

At 06:12 AM 5/7/2002 Tuesday, you wrote:
>It seems to me that our opinions are not that far apart, you admit to good
>and not so good Steinways.  So instead of fancy art cases and lesser line
>pianos why not fix what they have got?

I have been into pianos long before I became interested in piano
technology, so I believe I can provide a S&S customer's view of this.

I upgraded from an upright to a 6'4" Boston less than two years ago. I have
maybe been lucky in that I loved most Steinways that I have ever played.
What I really would like to have sitting in my living room is a B. Now, I
for sure would not be able to upgrade straight from an upright to a B, so
having the Boston as a "stepping stone", which price-wise gets you half way
there is great. It took me quite a few trials on different new Bostons to
find this one that I liked, so maybe that is where the consistency factor
becomes apparent. I received a lifetime trade-in guarantee from the S&S
dealer which will honor every $$ I spent on the Boston toward a Steinway.

So from that angle, Steinway is really helping the public on their way to
their high-end pianos.

Now of course, I might just restore a Steinway D for myself sometime in the
future!!!

To clarify my point, if Bosendorfer or Fazioli had a similar step-up plan,
I might own one of their "intermediate" models now instead of a Boston. Who
knows?

Just my $.02.

Regards,
/Claudia