INVESTMENTS ASSISTANCE

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Tue, 07 May 2002 06:54:27 -0500

Anyone who has the slightest (0.00001%) notion of how much work goes
into running the list server never complains about the list speed or
spam.

Only people who think that this is all done automatically by some big
computer in the sky makes complaints.

Dave Porritt
Chairman, Electronic Communications Committee

On 5/6/02 at 9:07 PM Andrew M. Rudoff wrote:

>>Can't whoever owns this list do a better job of filtering this
garbage?
>Or
>>maybe this list is actually owned by Dr. Williams ????
>Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....
>
>Some amount of spam will always get through.  Note that I had a
filter
>in place to catch this specific article within an hour of it being
posted.
>Not sure we'll ever be able to improve on that, sorry.
>
>I am planning an upgrade of the list software (and the entire
server)
>near the end of May.  At that time, spam will have a harder time
making
>it on to this list (and I already reject dozens of spam messages a
day
>sent to pianotech).  But it will never be perfect.  So please just
delete
>without comment when you do see it -- anything else just multiplies
the
>negative effect of the spam message.
>
>-andy

David M. Porritt