Damper felt removal/Wim

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Mon, 6 May 2002 17:13:54 EDT

Greetings,
    Maybe I missed something on the removal of grand felts from the
damperheads, but why use such involved processes like strips of cloth?  I
just soak the felts themselves and let them sit for an hour,  they usually
just fall off.
  Also,  I haven't had any problems with attaching damper felt with hot hide
glue while there is still a coat of old hide glue on the damper heads.  The
moisture and heat of the new glue certainly softens up the old, but it is
well-attached itself. Anyway, I have many many sets of damper felts around
town, and none of them are failing.
Regards,
ED Foote