improvements

Mon, 6 May 2002 13:27:27 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Avery Todd" <avery@ev1.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: May 06, 2002 1:12 PM
Subject: Re: improvements

> Well, Dave,
>
> Didn't they just recently reduce their warrant to 5 yrs. because their
> instruments
> were so great? Like someone said at the time, if they keep improving, they
> won't
> have any warranty at all!!!!!! :-)
>
> Avery

I don't know about 'recently.' We purchased a new Model M in the mid-1970s.
(Raised a couple of girls on it, re-manufactured it and sold it.) It had a
five year warranty. It was my understanding at the time this had been their
warranty policy for many years. It didn't bother me then and it wouldn't
bother me now.

If you really read through most of these very long warranties you'll find
they don't really cover much. (If there are exceptions I'd like to hear....)
The gazillion-year warranty, like most of the rest of the four-color glossy
brochure, generally ends up being just more marketing hype.

Del