string ringing/buzzing

Charles Neuman piano@charlesneuman.net
Mon, 6 May 2002 11:19:10 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

> From: Jon Page <jonpage@attbi.com>
>
> Have you examined the bridge pins?  I had this on an Acrosonic and had to
> install
> a larger diameter pin to increase the side bearing.
>
> Look at the edge of the notch for the adjacent note to see if it is
> touching the wire.

I'll double check the bridge pins. I do remember that when I inspected the
bridge, the notches were all perfect.

The note where I tapped the strings with the spacer after lowering the
tension a bit seems to be doing really well still. I might be on the right
track. I haven't really messed anything up, so that's a good sign. :)

Thanks,

Charles