Guy's home was Re: Newbie; Cleaning actions(OT)

Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Mon, 06 May 2002 07:57:50 -0600

At 09:52 PM 5/5/02 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 5/5/02 10:55:42 PM !!!First Boot!!!,
>nicho@lascruces.com writes:
>

>>SeeYa around,
>>Guy Nichols, RPT
>>Ft. Stinkin' Desert, NM
>

>Guy
>
>Is this how the pace smells, or is it just our opinion of Southern New
>Mexico? :)
>
>Wim

Two things, Wimmie,
    Las Cruces has been known as "Stinky Town" by truckers, who have to
pass dairies from the southeast or the sewer plant from the northwest ,
when arriving or passing through. But... the real source of "Stinkin'
Desert" is a Firesign Theater Skit. Don't remember it all. Just ...stuck.
     Truth is, it's the most beautiful place in the world, but we'd like
all the "ferners" to think otherwise. The growth is staggering, and they
love to impose their out-of-state ideals and stuff on our area. Changes it,
and then all the charm they came here for is gone. Oh well.

Later,
Guy