Damper felt removal

Sun, 5 May 2002 20:32:43 -0700

Wim:

Do you actually take them into the shower and soak them from above???  =
Doesn't that do a number on the finish?  It would make me a bit nervous =
that way.

David Love
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wimblees@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: May 05, 2002 6:42 PM
  Subject: Re: Damper felt removal

  In a message dated 5/5/02 7:40:45 PM !!!First Boot!!!, =
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:=20

    HazenBannister@cs.com wrote:=20
    >=20
    > > Hi list,=20
    > > What is everyone's favorite damper felt removal process.I know =
this=20
    > > was metioned not long ago,but my memory is even shorter.=20
    > > Thanks,=20
    > > Hazen Bannister=20
    >=20

  Hazen=20

  This was a subject that was prompted by my story of how I dropped a =
set of dampers, without first numbering them.=20

  My method is to take them in the shower and soaking the felts with hot =
water. Wait about an hour, and the felts just drop off.=20

  Wim=20