HTs at conferences/conventions, was:Re: Not at the PTG Convention

Sun, 05 May 2002 21:15:15 -0500

Bill,

At 15:03 05/05/2002 -0400, you wrote:

>Yes, it is a big issue and you are yet another person who wants and needs
>to be able to make and hear side by side comparisons.  What better forum
>than the PTG Convention?  Forget it.  They don't want you to hear this
>because if you do, you might like what you hear and then things might
>start to change, people might write more articles, artists might start
>asking for it, etc.

Ahem....

It wasn't a convention, but at last month's Central West Regional _Seminar_
at nearby (to you) Rochester, MN,  we had a special recital, performed on
harpsichord and fortepiano which were tuned in different temperaments. Hc
in meantone, fp in well.

My tunings may not have been perfect, but if you haven't already, you might
ask Tim Farley how much interest there was in the temperaments.  After the
recital, people were crowded around both instruments asking not only about
the instruments, but their tuning.

You might also note that Tim was there as an instructor.

Conrad Hoffsommer -  Decorah, IA
Usually I try to take it one day at a time, but lately several have
attacked me at once...