Pin sizes was Re: Pinblocks

Mon, 06 May 2002 00:24:19 +0200

Ron Nossaman wrote:

> I use either 17/64 (0.2657"), or 6.8mm (0.2677"), and Denro pins (blued,
> mostly).
>
> Ron N

List

This reminds me... Here in Europe we start  tuning pin sizes at 6.7 mm, then
6.9's before we get to 7 mm's which are roughly equal to the 1.0 pin size in the
US.  size 2.0 (US) is around 7.15 mm and that size here is used by most techs I
have run into as the first (smallest) size of pin for repinning a block.

One other thing as long as I am thinking about it. In milmeters if you will, how
much difference do you all recommend between bore size and pin size ?

Thanks

RicB

--
Richard Brekne