"Old School Teachings" - Little Story & Confession

Greg T Tunapiana440@cox.net
Sun, 5 May 2002 12:32:51 -0500

I totally agree with the reply below mine...

Maybe that (customer/situation) is why the "tooners" of the "old school =
teachnings" did some of the things they did and a was not so much a =
reflection of their skill level...

IMO the best one can do is to simply do one's best, given the parameters =
of the situation, and not worry so much about what a previous "tooner" =
did...

Best,
Greg

----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Kevin E. Ramsey=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 9:04 PM
  Subject: Re: "Old School Teachings" - Little Story & Confession

      Terry, your customer dictated the terms of service, you didn't. =
Let her define the level of service she wants, if that's what she wants =
from you. You gave her what she wanted and what she was willing to pay =
for; there's no reason for you to have your "tail between your legs".=20

  Kevin E. Ramsey
  ramsey@extremezone.com

  The short story is I tuned that thing in 45 minutes and left it 15 =
cents flat. It was the worst tuning I have ever done, and I even skipped =
the few notes in the high treble that were lacking hammers and/or hammer =
felt!

  I still claim to be Mr. "A440 or else!", but golly gosh, I guess there =
are times when alternatives are in order - not often, but sometimes.

  With tail between legs,

  Terry Farrell