Newbie; Cleaning actions

Claudia Cimenti claudia_cimenti@mail.com
Sun, 05 May 2002 10:22:17 -0700

Hi all,

First, a couple words to introduce myself: I am a piano technology student
and in the process of restoring my first upright piano. It is a very
educational experience. I have been subscribed to this list for a few days
now, and find it very interesting to read the ongoing discussions. Thank
you for letting me "listen in", even though I am not as experienced yet as
all of you.

A couple questions:
1. Is it ok on this list for a piano tech newbie to ask questions or is
there a better venue for that? I am not yet a member of the PTG, but plan
on joining very soon.

2. A quick question on cleaning actions: The old upright I am restoring has
an extremely dirty action. It is very very dusty. How would you go about
cleaning this? I would be interested in hearining how you would go about
doing this with a minimum set of tools ("the hard way"), or in an
established shop.

Thank you very much in advance for your replies.

Regards,
/Claudia