Rock concert, hearing damage wake up call

McNameex@AOL.COM McNameex@AOL.COM
Sun, 5 May 2002 10:54:18 EDT

I tuned for a Matchbox 20 concert a year or so ago and spoke for a bit with
the guy setting up the mics for the piano.  He told me that many more bands
are incorporating pianos into their stage acts then before and part of the
reason is the new modeling technology they have for guitars now where a good
tone can be attained without turning the tube amps up to 11.  They turn down
a little more now and the piano comes through a little clearer.  But perhaps
it is just the younger guys doing this (I'd never give up my tube amps, but
the new digital ones are finally becoming respectable).

Maybe they would help, but I don't see them anymore. I went to see George
Thoroughgood and his band in a small theatre a little while back - WAY, WAY,
WAY TOOOOOO LOUD! And this is coming from one who grew up on Zepplin,
Hendrix, et. al.

Todd McNamee, Portland, OR