to A442 & back(D)

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Sun, 05 May 2002 02:13:11 -0400

David,
         I believe the difficulty is found mainly in the Steinway brand of
pianos. They can be difficult to tune especially as they age. I know, I
know, everybody knows this right? One of the things I like to do with
TuneLab once I've got a particular piano tweaked and saved is to tune both
left and right strings individually to the graphic and match the middle to
them both together aurally. This has proven to give a much more stable
tuning for me on every piano I have done this on.  FWIW

Greg Newell