"Stop The Slamming"

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Sat, 04 May 2002 15:37:07 -0400

That's what's advertised for the Fallboard thingee QRS is advertising, and a
few of us have seen in the flyers sent to us.

As promised, I am reporting back as to what I saw.

What it is is a 'bellows-type' of controller mounted to the keybed, and a
wire is attached to the fallboard via drilling a hole in both the key frame
at the bass/tenor break area, and the key bed.

It works, but it has one big flaw as of right now: there's no easy way to
disconnect it to remove the fallboard to remove the action.

On the one I saw today, there was a 'hook' on the eyelet attached to the
fallboard. The hook was attached to the wire itself, making removal of the
fallboard a real trick. I suggested to Mitch(salesperson) that the hook on
the wire connected to the eyelet remain, and the 'disconnect' for the
thingee should be at the bellows portion of the device..this way, when you
go to put the fallboard back on, all you have to do is feed the wire down
the hole. You want gravity working FOR you.

It was asked that the engineer give me a call Monday to discuss it further.
So far my opinion hasn't mattered much, and I don't suspect that will change
any time soon.

A nitch market for sure, but it does work.

-Phil Bondi (Fl.)
tito@philbondi.com