OFF (*was: neurology)

PNHISTIC1@AOL.COM PNHISTIC1@AOL.COM
Sat, 4 May 2002 10:38:00 EDT

List,

I look forward to trying many of the HTs.  I have them sitting in my ETD,
awaiting a proper time to come out and grace an instrument.  The biggest
issue I see is where does one hear them all to decide which one/ones are
appropriate for the situation?  Seeing the offsets written down, or a graph
showing the offsets are interesting intellectual exercises, but how can we
actually listen to them and compare without risking the wrath of a
non-adventurous client or staid store owner by HT-ing their pianos?

And can anybody satisfy my historical curiosity: is there any data out there
about how HZ were measured before Heinrich HZ came along?  How were standard
pitches set in rennaisance music?

Dave Stahl,
Los Altos, CA.