info on B. H. Jannsen piano

Clair Dunn cadunn@vt2000.com
Sat, 4 May 2002 05:59:33 -0500 (CDT)

Hi--
I did a work estimate on a B.H. Janssen  (Albany, NY) upright
yesterday and was pleasantly surprised at the construction of this
piano. Aside from the astounding number of ribs on the board, I was
startled to find four 1" holes drilled through the bass bridge from
side to side spanning the mid-section of the bridge.

Am I right in gathering from Pierce that B.H. Janssen became the
Janssen Piano Co in Elkhart or not? If I use the Janssen Piano Co.
serial numbers, the one I looked at was manuf. in 1912. The case
architecture matches this date.

I would be curious to know if anyone has more info about this animal.

Thanks much,
Clair

--
Clair's Piano Service