Crown, was RE:Curve on Bridge Bottom

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Fri, 3 May 2002 21:35:17 EDT

In a message dated 5/3/2002 8:06:28 AM Pacific Standard Time, A440A@AOL.COM
writes:

> Subj:Re: Crown, was RE:Curve on Bridge Bottom
> Date:5/3/2002 8:06:28 AM Pacific Standard Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:A440A@AOL.COM">A440A@AOL.COM</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>
>             Ed

  I've seen demonstrations of this where a 1/8" thick by 1' wide and 30 "
long placed between end supports on a long plank. It was fit so it just
slipped in then a business card was slipped in between one of the ends and
the stick bowed right up quite a bit.
    I understand your skeptical question. Tomorrow I'll take  the same long
rib and make the same kind of jig/fixture and play with and see about the
resistence I'll post Mon. or so with the observation. O.K.
  I'm curious too.