Yamaha damper question

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Fri, 03 May 2002 16:11:00 +0000

Hi Isaac,
          Yes I have seen some pins from the early 70's give problems.
Remove a few pins and if they looked stained and scored, you have a plating
problem. The first ting I do with this age of Yamaha, that has started to
get heavy and sluggish, is remove a few pins and inspect them. CLP seems to
work only for a short time, on this problem at best.  If you are
suspicious, warn the customer, so you are not paying for the inevitable
recall.
For some strange reason, I noticed it more on underlever assemblies in this
neck of the woods.
If Mark is reading he could tell us the years that they had the problem.

Regards Roger