improvements

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 3 May 2002 14:45:24 EDT

In a message dated 5/3/02 11:45:32 AM Central Daylight Time,
dm.porritt@verizon.net writes:

> Wim:
>
> This reply has me at a loss for appropriate words!!!!!!!
>
> If you're going to the convention this year to improve your skills, that
> doesn't say much about your work last year does it.  If these students are
> still practicing to improve, it doesn't say much about their playing last
> year does it.  If your doctor researches new treatment methods, it doesn't
> say much about his practice last year does it.  If you car
> manufacturer.........
>
> dave

There is a big difference between changing the model you have, and making a
new model. When I go to a convention, I am improving the model, I am not
making a new one. Most piano makers are not improving on the models they
have. They are making new ones, with new scales, new designs, etc. Steinway
has kept the same models. They have made some changes, (some good, some bad),
but the basic design, scale, etc., is still there.

Wim