improvements

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 3 May 2002 08:53:28 +0200

Please, the action tubular rail keep it where it is .

IO

  -----Message d'origine-----
  De : owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]De la part de
Greg Newell
  Envoye : vendredi 3 mai 2002 05:58
  A : pianotech@ptg.org
  Objet : Re: improvements

  Kevin,
      I believe that the antique sostenuto system is on the way out, but how
about the tubular action rails huh?
  Greg

  "Kevin E. Ramsey" wrote:

    Dave; I would be very surprised if Steinway ever even attempted any
improvements. Look at what happened the last time they tried; Teflon
bushings that we're still replacing. So, instead, they're going to go for
what works in the market, name brand recognition. As far as I can tell,
that's the main thing they have going for them, so they rely on that. I've
seen quite a few "dogs" with the Steinway name on the fallboard, and to be
honest, some truly wonderful instruments too. I guess it depends on what day
of the week it was built.    If they were interested in making a piano that
was easier to work on, how about getting rid of that antique sostenuto
system that they use? I don't think they could get burned by going to a more
modern design, say, one that's only been in use for fifty or so years, do
you?  Kevin E. Ramsey
    ramsey@extremezone.com