Crown, was RE:Curve on Bridge Bottom

Thu, 02 May 2002 22:29:29 +0200

Thanks kindly...

So, just chewing on this one  a bit.... take your rib # 5 at 9.4 mm crown...
that gives a rib length of 1163.291262 mm for an 18 meter radius. With a
segment angle of 3.7 degrees that gives an arc length of 1163.49380 mm yeilding
a difference of 0.2025412 mm or roughly 0.008 inches.... no ??

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.