Not home...nice doggy

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Thu, 2 May 2002 00:34:00 -0500

I prefer the client to be there when I am at least for the
first time.  Out here in rural South Dakota my concern is
farm dogs but have never been bitten.  If there are geese I
don't get out of the car but that has happened only once.

When I tuned in the City, I arrived at a client's house and
he told me to go back to the third room on the right.  At
the third door on the right was a bed room with a giant
stuffed bird sitting on a perch but no piano.  The perch was
close to 4 feet high and his tail nearly touched the floor
and his head seem almost 3 feet above the persh.  I found
the piano in the next room.
       After when I was making out the bill I mentioned the
"stuffed bird" and the client laughed and said, "That bird
is alive, it is a military Macaw." and gave a lecture on big
birds in general and Macaws in particluar.  They sit very
still for long periods of time.    This bird was a watch
bird he said.  Had I gone into the room I might have gotten
attacked, or at the least he would have raised such an alarm
that even an armed burgler would flee.  "So much for the
room on the right"  I quipped.  "Oh,.....
I forgot about the broom closet door" he replied.

                    ---ric