Sanderson Scaling/Terry F

Stephen Airy stephenairy@fastmail.fm
Wed, 1 May 2002 22:55:54 +0000

On Wed, 01 May 2002 17:52:04 -0400, "Newton Hunt" <nhunt@optonline.net>
said:
> > I do not want any wound strings above C3.
>
> It is not what you want, it is what will fit within the confines of the
> scale.
>
> 		Newton

I see that I need an education.  :)

I have noticed, in similar size pianos, a difference in the sound
between wound bichords and plain trichords.  In that range of the piano
I happen to like plain trichords better cause to me they give a more
solid sound, whereas wound strings have a little bit of a, for lack of
a better term, tinny or thin or nasal sound to them in that portion of
the keyboard.
--
  Stephen Airy
  stephenairy@fastmail.fm