treble wire breakage

baoli liu baoli_liu@yahoo.com
Wed, 1 May 2002 15:14:36 -0700 (PDT)

Another factor I'd like to mention for wire breakage
is "metal fatigue"

Even within the elastic zone,the string will become
weaker and weaker after million times of bending and
twisting.

If we magnify the string as a long rod,the inner
construct ure ( metal crystal ?) of the string is
going to change due to year's of frequent  bending.
This is why the old  string is easy to break and
create dead sound.

Baoli Liu,RPT

--- "William R. Monroe" <pianowrmonroe@hotmail.com>