Rescalers?

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Wed, 01 May 2002 00:15:03 -0400

Hi Hazen,

Well, I learned "out of the box" but I had previous experience without the
program.  I have heard my own rescaling efforts, learned a few new tricks and
had long and ardent arguments with Ari Isaac about scaling values.  I like to
think that we each learned something from the other.

He has changed my approach to scaling.  I thought Inh. was most important, Now I
think Loudness Factor is more important.  Different approaches to the same
problem, results may differ.  You cannot ignore one factor to the enhancement of
others.  They must all work together as a whole.

We have more advanced math, better understanding of values and we have computers
so we can do more in five minutes than the old timers could in a month of work.
The only problem, what values do you consider to be more important than others?

Can you tune a piano after reading the first book?

		Newton