Bass strings/Willem's response

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 20:26:21 -0700

Willem,
I disagree with you 100%!! The treble strings, (on the piano, in question),
are shot. This was apparent by the posting, in that the tech discribed
several TREBLE strings needed to be replaced. After all, this piano is a
pre-1900, and there is no doubt in my mind that the strings are shot. If you
have ever restrung a piano, (and I know you have), then you are very aware
of how much nicer the piano sounds in the plain wire. The sooner we start
doing a proper job the better, IMHO Half-assed jobs just don't make sense to
me.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)