Convention Pay OFF

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 17:10:33 -0600

>...I am totally appalled that someone who flew in for one day to teach a
>class was not allowed to enter the Exhibit Hall! That should NOT happen -
>ever!  Of course instructors should be allowed into the Exhibit Hall for
>free!...
>Carol Beigel

Carol, List,

Whoa! I really screwed up in my last email. I didn't communicate myself
properly at all, Carol, nor was I entirely accurate in my statements.

Here is what accurately happened.

I was never was on location to be denied because I never went to the
convention. More correctly put, I was informed that instructors are
required to register for the convention. Therefore, I couldn't even teach
the class that was planned for that one day without paying full
registration, let alone enter the exhibit hall.

Please know this. There is absolutely no animosity on my part towards
anyone, and I certainly do not wish to instill such a feeling to occur
whatsoever in anyone else.  Okay!

I have trusted the Institute Committee's decision was best for all
concerned then, and even more so now. My basic understanding in having any
policy at all is to prevent the appearance of favoritism, kickbacks,
whatnot. I'm all in favor of that.

Easter is happening Now,

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician