Piano tuner haters

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 14:20:08 -0700

Thanks for the reminder, I have some in my garage, but I didn't have =
even one that day. I'd better go find one for my kit now.

Kevin E. Ramsey
ramsey@extremezone.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: J Patrick Draine=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Cc: J Patrick Draine=20
  Sent: Saturday, March 30, 2002 1:22 PM
  Subject: Re: Piano tuner haters

    "Kevin E. Ramsey" wrote:

        The one that comes most to my mind when I think along these =
lines is the little Aeolian upright I had to tune about three weeks ago. =
The plate was about 3mm behind the strings in the top of the treble =
section. There is no way in heck to get a muting strip to stay on those =
strings.=20

  Am I the only one who favors the very thin (1/4") 6" long mutes from =
APSCO (#15067)? Try 'em. I never really cared for Papp's mutes.

  Patrick