Convention pay off

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 10:53:38 -0600

>...The bottom line, is that is just too complicated...Wim

Wim, List,

Ironically, I was denied one year when I requested a one day exhibit hall
visit for a past national convention. I was going to teach a class that
same day. I arranged my schedule so that I could fly in for that one day,
stay overnight and leave the next day.

I didn't really understand the refusal at the time, but trusted the
judgement of the convention committee's decision. Hence, I did not go at
all.

However, after reading some of the input offered here this week, I feel
there are obviously very sound and relevent reasons for not attempting to
accomodate partial visitation to the classes or the exhibit hall, Guild
member or not, without violating to some degree the rights of those who
have paid in full for such priviliges.

It seems obvious to me that only a simplified plan and approach to
accomodate such a thing in the future would have to self-evident before
implemetation could ever take place.

Respectfully,

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician