Convention pay off

Jon Page jonpage2001@attbi.com
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 08:41:22 -0500

  At 01:13 AM 3/30/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>I believe the Guild is loosing money by not charging slidding fees for
>convention attendees.  The Guild is short $50 dollars at least because
>I could not go through the exhibit hall for one afternoon.  That was
>DC in 2000.  Now I get a Journal issue that states they must raise
>dues to make up for the amount they spent over what they took in in
>2001.
>
>If they would have daily rates for the Convention I think $1,000 to
>$10,000  extra  could be generated over the "one fee for everyone,
>whether they attend 4 days or not."
>
>                     000ric

Why would one have to pay to get into the exhibit hall?
It seems to me that someone unable to attend classes should at least have
the opportunity to go to the supplier's booths
to purchase tools and to see the new pianos, especially if they are a Guild
member.  Non-members would pay a nominal fee.

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@attbi.com