Case separation or delamination question

Z! Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 09:57:48 -0500

If the piano is still warranty, contact the dealer and the manufacturer.
Chances are that the manufacturer will want the piano back or at least want
to know all about it.

The one time I encountered rim delamination, the piano had a very strange,
thin tone.  When humidity conditions were just right, the piano had a
terrible buzz that completely destroyed the tone.  A dealer technician
thought he would flip the piano over and fill the crack with epoxy.  The
manufacturer demanded that the piano be returned to them at once.

At this time, I'm not aware of any successful "fixes" to this problem.  I
should think any space between laminations would be a source of potential
problems.

Z! Reinhardt  RPT
Ann Arbor  MI
diskladame@provide.net