Case separation or delamination question

David Skolnik skolnik@attglobal.net
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 07:15:19 -0500

Dear list -

What is your approach to dealing with separation of the inner and outer
rims of pianos such as Steinways?  How evident does such a condition have
to be to be of concern (any) to you when rebuilding?  I suppose my question
is directed primarily towards rebuilders, but don't let that stop you if
you have a strong opinion. I attempted to look this up in the archives but
found nothing of relevance under 'delamination' or 'case
separation'.   Also, I wonder how often you see this condition in new
pianos (only a few years old)?    Thanks -

David Skolnik