Tone near plate struts (was Re:Varying bridge height)

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 19:10:44 -0700

Gee, Ron, I was going to say that it's because of the lack of strings in =
the section under the strut causing a stiffness near the break, but I =
don't know enough to use twenty dollar words like "impedance".  Guess I =
haven't been on the list long enough yet. =20

  It could be going from agraffes to tuned duplexes. It could be that =
the
  overall assembly is too flexible and the lack of string load at the =
strut
  lowers the impedance there too much. String load does raise impedance.
  Maybe too few  ribs, and/or not stiff enough. Is it the bridge that's
  causing the problem? How could you tell one way or another?

  =20
  Ron N