Bay Area Pitches (was Re: Steinway 457cps pitch)

Greg Casper gcasper@pacbell.net
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 13:11:17 -0800

Phil:

I think you could have ended your sentence with "DENSITY IN THE BAY AREA"
and still been correct! 8-)

Greg Casper
San Jose, BAY AREA, CA

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Phillip L Ford
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2002 8:59 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Bay Area Pitches (was Re: Steinway 457cps pitch)

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002 15:41:01
 Bradley M. Snook wrote:

>By the way, why are so many pianos in the Bay Area tuned to 441-442? My
wife recently did a recording in a studio that was tuned perfectly to 441.
Since the tuning was very good, and the recording session was to start soon,
I left it how it was. Although, neither one of us were comfortable with 441.

>Bradley M. Snook

I don't know.  I can only attribute it to the greater than average density
in the Bay Area
of people who like to be different.

Phil F

See Dave Matthews Band live or win a signed guitar
http://r.lycos.com/r/bmgfly_mail_dmb/http://win.ipromotions.com/lycos_020201
/splash.asp