Volume Reducing Ideas?

Greg Casper gcasper@pacbell.net
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 12:36:32 -0800

Mary:

You might try convincing him to sell his current piano and then buy a
digitial. That way he could plug in the headphones and play to his heart's
delight without ever bothering another soul.

Just an idea.

Greg Casper
San Jose, CA
  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
MBailey911@AOL.COM
  Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 7:56 AM
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Subject: Volume Reducing Ideas?

  List -

  I have an elderly customer who has his Baldwin grand at the nursing home
with him.  We've already added the acoustic foam baffles from Edwards String
Covers underneath the piano, which reduced the volume, but not enough to
satisfy the people who work there.  I'm hesitant to recommend adding the top
cover that they sell, since it doesn't appear from their test results that
it will reduce the volume significantly, and is somewhat costly.

  The only thing that this guy loves in life right now is his piano - plays
it hours and hours each day.  Of course, as his hearing goes, he's probably
also playing it louder so that he can hear it.  Any ideas or suggestions
that would help him be able to continue playing without driving the workers
crazy would be greatly appreciated.

  Thanks,
  Mary Bailey