Volume Reducing Ideas?

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:21:58 EST

>I have an elderly customer who has his Baldwin grand at the nursing home
>with  him.
>The only thing that this guy loves in life right now is his piano - plays
>it  hours and hours each day.  Of course, as his hearing goes, he's probably
>also  playing it louder so that he can hear it.  Any ideas or suggestions
that

      Though it may sound strange to hear this from a wood/felt/hide
glue/string fanatic such as I am, perhaps the time has come to suggest
trading that grand in on an high-end electronic piano that has earphones.
That way, he could also get some temperaments in his life, the capacity for
volume that will go as far as he will, and all the others around him could
get some peace and quiet.
Regards,
Ed Foote
(yes, it did hurt to write that, but every one of us is a leaky boat, and
learning the facts of life ain't restricted to teen-agers (:)}}