Bronze powder

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 07:38:52 +0100

Hazen,

If an old finish is yet under the thin coat you will spray, a little less
bronze than normal will be OK , so you can try with 1 coffee spoon for 1
glass of lacquer  (dilute as needed to spray, a thinner coat first).

But chances are that this will not cover enough for your desire, even if you
intend to spray 2 passes bronze, then 1 pass pure lacquer (or more)

So you can mix 1 dinner spoon bronze with the same 100 ml lacquer.

Be aware that the lacquer will give you a false impression of not covering
enough, because it will stay more transparent before it dries. So please
leave that first pass light .

If You use too much bronze the surface will be less clean, but it is not so
awful, particularly because a last coat is sprayed. (ask me how etc)
I lately use (professional) polyurethane 2 composant lacquer for these jobs,
strong protection against scratches , a bit thick, less transparent, semi
gloss finish.

Jopatazathelp.

Isaac OLEG
  -----Message d'origine-----
  De : owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]De la part de
HazenBannister@cs.com
  Envoye : mercredi 27 mars 2002 04:37
  A : pianotech@ptg.org
  Objet : Bronze powder

  Hi list,
   I asked the other day about spraying a plate,and the message got
deleted.I received the bronze flakes,and liquid from Schaff with no mixing
instructions at all.How much liquid, to flakes do I need? Also do you add
any lacquer,or thinner to mix?Any tricks do I need to be aware of,or is it a
pretty straight forward sraying job?
  Thanks,
  Hazen Bannister