Fw: double piano - Pleyel chronology book

Moffatt & Sons Piano moffattr@CADVISION.COM
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 14:37:59 -0700

Hello,

If anyone is interested, I have photos of the Pleyel Duo Clave
that has been restored by my sons. I will send it privately to those who =
wish to see it as the file is a little too large for this list. If you =
have any questions....fire away.

Sincerely,

Bob Moffatt

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Isaac OLEG SIMANOT=20
To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 11:24 AM
Subject: RE: double piano - Pleyel chronology book

Hello,

Unfortunately I've never tuned one of these double pianos, and did not =
see other than in the museum

II am actually reading that Pleyel made may be 80 double pianos , =
beginning in 1896 and since 1943

For whose interested in history and precise facts about the Pleyel =
pianos (numbers of models made, precise serial numbers and factory =
numbers (assembly), descriptions, pictures, string lenghts of different =
models ), there is a very interesting book since a few :

Chronologie des Pianos de la Maison Pleyel=20
by Rene BEAUPAIN=20
 ISBN 2-7384-9846-9=20
140 pages - illustrations of all the models from the national archives=20
Ed l'Harmattan

Don't know if you can obtain it easely, write me privately if someone =
interested.

Regards.