tuning machine/first road test

Mon, 25 Mar 2002 22:06:47 +0100

If I may offer a nice little suggestion concerning Tune Lab.

Get ahold of David Poritt's addone for generating a tuning curve, and ask
Dr Coleman for his neat little direct methods for applying a pianos
inharmonicity to the Tunelab method of dealing with tuning curves.

Also dont hesitate to do some experiementing around with direct
referencing to force your tunings to conform to some pre-concieved notion
about tuning curves, octave types and ect... For example... tune from C5
upwards all octaves as perfect 4:2 octaves and see what happens as you
progress.... this kind of thing can be enlightening :) and fun as well
:):)

RicB

--
Richard Brekne