electrical question (OT)

Keith Roberts kpiano@goldrush.com
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 17:43:37 -0800

Actually, just turn it on and you will know if you cut the right one. If =
you cut the wrong one, the connection will be there when you replace =
that one. Use wire nuts  as they are better in this voltage. Crimp =
connectors are for 12 volt. Get the wire nuts that have the metal =
insert. Some hardware store brands are only plastic. Blue or Orange =
should work. Stranded wire, I strip extra, twist, then twist together, =
cut to length, then nut. Solid wire, just insert into nut, all cut to =
same length and twist until wound up. Pull gently on wires to make sure =
it didn't break and nut is on firmly. Bigger wire, torque the nut down =
solid. I don't tape  wire nuts. Not required by fire code. Only =
uninsulated crimps.
Keith R
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wimblees@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2002 3:40 PM
  Subject: Re: electrical question (OT)

  In a message dated 3/24/02 11:33:02 PM !!!First Boot!!!, =
cmpiano@attbi.com writes:=20

    Confirm this by following the wires from the 2 lamps that don't work =
to the ballast that is hot?  Bingo! two witnesses.  Guilty as charged.  =
Arrange for firing squad.  =20

    Carl Meyer  Assoc. PTG=20

  I looked at that possibility, but that required more destructiveness, =
i.e., taking more panels off. I was hoping to avoid that.=20

  But thanks for the help.=20

  Wim=20